Bones - Skeletal and Pose Animations for jPCT/jPCT-AE > Bones

Loading a Collada file with pre-defined animations

<< < (2/2)

raft:
can you see the coins in the list?

for textures, one thing you can do is parse the collada file, create a map of object name -> texture  or object index -> texture and set textures accordingly.

dwightina:
Good to know! In general I've just asked the designer to make a single texture for my model and skirted the issue all together. I haven't been able to run the sample yet as I'm not using Eclipse, but I'll take a run at it again. I did notice that it is only the unskinned meshes that do not appear in the animation.  Does that make sense? Will I need to take an extra step to display unskinned + skinned meshes together?

raft:
right, Bones ignores unskinned meshes in Collada files. this is by design as it’s an animation library not a scene loader. you can make the coins skinned too, if they are not animated this will have a slight overhead or load coins in other means jPCT provides like 3ds or obj format.

for texture, having a single texture sounds like the easiest solution.

with Eclipse it should be quite straightforward. just import the project into workspace and right click on the sample and select run as..

dwightina:
Late reply, but just dropping a line to say we're gonna add skins to all meshes and stick with a single texture. Thanks for all the info :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version