Author Topic: visibility list  (Read 3979 times)

Offline drounal

• byte
    • View Profile
visibility list
« on: May 28, 2006, 02:27:41 pm »
how come, when I move a 3DS imported cube on a map using the Paradroidz MouseMapper, I get this :

WARNING: You've exceeded the configured triangle limit for the visibility list. Consider adjusting Config.maxPolysVisible!

what I want to do is move a selected cube to a given point that I click on using the mouse.  As far as I know it shouldn't change the number of polygons ...

thx in advance.

Offline EgonOlsen

• Administrator
  • quad
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jpct.net
visibility list
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2006, 03:46:37 pm »
Not the number of the polygons in the object but the number of the polygons on screen...hence the warning message. Adjust the value for Config.maxPolysVisible before instanciating a world and you are done.

BTW: What kind of cube is that, that is exceeds the triangle limit? A simple cube usually consists of 12 polygons (two on each side).

Offline drounal

• byte
    • View Profile
visibility list
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2006, 03:59:36 pm »
but why does the number of polygons on screen change that much ?

if I somehow turn the cube, I should see more or less the same number of polygons. why is it that this number keeps increasing with the number of clicks that I make (so the number of times I want the cube to move) ?

Offline EgonOlsen

• Administrator
  • quad
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jpct.net
visibility list
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2006, 04:16:05 pm »
What do you mean with "keeps increasing"? Do you have some numbers for this? You can get the size of the current VisList by calling getSize() on it? What values does this give in your application?

Offline Melssj5

• double
    • View Profile
visibility list
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2006, 07:52:44 pm »
if you add more object3Ds to your world, then you will have more polys to draw. the Config.maxPolysVisible just set the amount of plys that can be seen on the world. Each Object3D is draw with triangles that are poligons after all. so, how do you draw your cube? is imported from a 3ds file. then you should check, how many polys does your cube have. And dont forget that Config.maxPolysVisible have to be called before creating the world.
Nada por ahora