jPCT - a 3d engine for Java > Support

map to 3ds

(1/3) > >>

Barrah Switzer:
I've been playing with the idea of useing jpct to write something like a FPS, not exactly but similar.  What I was wondering is this.  I have a leve I have been working on, in .map format (HL actually).   I have a conversion program that says it will convert it to 3ds.  Once it's converted I should be able to load it as a 3ds object???  Then is it just  a matter of collosion detection and controlling the camera??

Any help would be great!!

Thanks............

EgonOlsen:

--- Quote from: "Barrah Switzer" ---I have a conversion program that says it will convert it to 3ds.  Once it's converted I should be able to load it as a 3ds object???  Then is it just  a matter of collosion detection and controlling the camera??
--- End quote ---
Basically yes! I'm currently writing some example code that shows how to start (the collision detection isn't perfect in this example and you can't shot anything, but anyway...).
I've uploaded a demo of it here (still without sources, but they'll follow once it's finished):
http://www.jpct.net/download/fpsdemo.zip
Controls go like this:

--- Code: ---
Commandline parameters:

width=xxx  : The width of the framebuffer
height=xxx : The height of the framebuffer
fullscreen : Force the engine to use fullscreen modes
16bit      : Try to get a videomode with 16bit color (instead of 32)

Controls:

cursor-keys : Moving around
PGUP/PGDWN  : Looking up/down
ESC         : Exit
x           : Switch between Software/LWJGL mode (may have some problems in fullscreen mode!)

--- End code ---

BTW: I'm very interested in the HL->3DS converter (the level i'm using for the demo has been converted from Q3 format), because i was always looking for such thing but couldn't find anything good (that worked!).

Hope this helps.

Barrah Switzer:
it's called 3d exploration, it's about 2 years old.  I downloaded it from some guys web page.   I found out later that it has become 'Deep Exploration' .   Which is a commercial product.    I don't know if the version I have is a freeware/shareware, a crack or what.   I haven't tried it yet, but I will in the next couple of days.  I'll let you know how it works.

If you could post the source to your FPS demo, that would be great.

EgonOlsen:

--- Quote from: "Barrah Switzer" ---it's called 3d exploration, it's about 2 years old.  I downloaded it from some guys web page.   I found out later that it has become 'Deep Exploration' .   Which is a commercial product.    I don't know if the version I have is a freeware/shareware, a crack or what.   I haven't tried it yet, but I will in the next couple of days.  I'll let you know how it works.
--- End quote ---
Deep Exploration can load Half-Life maps?  :shock:
I know that it can load Half-Life models but i'm unsure about the map-format itself...
Too bad that i don't have any Half-Life maps ATM to try that, because i do own Deep Exploration (but only 2.0...3.0 is current). It's a GREAT tool...i just love it.

Barrah Switzer:
So how did you convert the Quake3 map??   deep exploration or some other way??

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version