jPCT - a 3d engine for Java > Projects

Robombs

(1/11) > >>

EgonOlsen:
The first beta release of my bomberman inspired game is out. I decided to call it robombs...that was the first internal working title for it, because i wanted to use robots as player models first. I'm not doing this anymore, but i decided to keep the name anyway.

Here's a webstart version: http://jpct.de/robombs/robombs.jnlp

Its main focus is multiplayer. It has a single player mode, but the bots are quite dumb...no real challenge at all. Anyway...after clicking into the main title screen (which looks still bad...), a server browser comes up which shows all active servers in the LAN and lets you start a new one. You may also click on "single player" to start a single player game instead. A single player game is nothing more than a multiplayer game with 5 bots, all levels and no human opponents. You can easily set it up yourself this way. The button is just a short cut.

paulscode:
Wow, this is REALLY fun!  Awesome work!

raft:
very nice ;D it works ok on my box.. it was also nice to see my name on splash screen  ;D

maybe you may wish to publish the game api some people can write bots ? just a suggestion..

EgonOlsen:

--- Quote from: raft on September 22, 2008, 12:28:12 am ---maybe you may wish to publish the game api some people can write bots ? just a suggestion..

--- End quote ---
That's not a suggestion, that's a kind way of saying that they are quite dumb ATM... ;D However, i'll release the sources once i consider it to be stable/complete enough.

zammbi:
Nice game, glad to see you finally got it finally out. I was just going to ask about the sources, wouldn't mind seeing how you did a few things  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version