jPCT-AE - a 3d engine for Android > Support

setting polygon texture

(1/3) > >>

raft:
I have a merged object which is serialized with desktop jPCT. i change textures of some polygons during the course of the game. this works fine in desktop jPCT. but in AE I got some strange behaviour:

* with one subobject to change texture this works fine
* with a couple subobjects, i only get a result by setting texture of first one and this operation sets textures of other subobjects too. setting texture on other subobjects has no effect

i suspect this thing requires, build(false) method. if this is the case, there is no such method in AE, how can i serialize such an object from desktop jPCT?

i've also tried calling compile(true) before serialization but didnt help.

EgonOlsen:
Try to set Config.aggressiveStripping=false;

raft:
didnt help. the merged object is already stripped before serialization, does it make a difference?

EgonOlsen:
That shouldn't matter. I'm still not 100% sure what you are actually doing...you have some object that is a merge result of some other objects using different textures. And you compile this thing von Android and it splits into different sub-objects, because of the different textures. You then replace the textures of some of these compiled sub-objects? How?

EgonOlsen:
BTW: You can't set textures using TextureInfo on a compiled and stripped object anyway. The method simply returns without doing anything. The method that uses the texture ID should work though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version