jPCT-AE - a 3d engine for Android > Support

Create VBO for object

<< < (2/3) > >>

EgonOlsen:
I'm a little bit confused...what exactly is the actual problem now? The garbage collection kicking in? If yes, then i don't see how this should be related to vertex buffer objects. The method itself doesn't create any garbage except for the string that is used for logging the call, which shouldn't hurt. As said, creation of VBOs is cheap...it doesn't do anything more than declaring the native buffers that exist anyway for the geometry data as backup buffers the VBO....just a few calls to OpenGL, that's all there is. As you can see here:

--- Code: ---03-11 18:42:52.779: INFO/jPCT-AE(16059): VBO created for object 'm_0'
03-11 18:42:52.779: INFO/jPCT-AE(16059): VBO created for object 'm_0'
03-11 18:42:52.779: INFO/jPCT-AE(16059): VBO created for object 'm_0'
03-11 18:42:52.783: INFO/jPCT-AE(16059): VBO created for object 'm_0'

--- End code ---

It all happens within 4ms...

You might want to try to disable VBOs with Config.useVBO=false; and see if that changes anything.

Thomas.:
I thought that it does VBO... this is happening just for first time, after I rotate camera 360 degrees game is running smooth... so maybe uploading textures?

EgonOlsen:
Might be...have to tried to call TextureManager.preWarm(<FrameBuffer>)?

Thomas.:
What it does? I placed it to begin and without any change and when i set it to end every object has same texture

EgonOlsen:
 ??? preWarm() forces all textures known to the texture manager to be uploaded at once instead of on demand. I don't see how it can cause all textures to look the same...then again, i don't understand what "begin" and "end" mean in this context!?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version