Bones - Skeletal and Pose Animations for jPCT/jPCT-AE > Bones

Multiple meshes with the same skeleton

(1/2) > >>

efaj:
Do I just handle them separately, or is there a way that would be more optimized?

raft:
no, no need to handle them separately. if you export all of them, each of will be an Animated3D in an AnimatedGroup. just like body and sword of ninja

efaj:
But ninja has 1 single file. I need to have them in separate files and merge them only during execution, for example, to make a ninja wield different swords.
I tried for example loading them all, and then merge them with the AnimatedGroup method, but it sent an error:

--- Code: --- Number of vertices differ!
--- End code ---
So, that's not the way to do it, if any.

raft:
as the merge method name (mergeAnimations) suggests, merging is not meant for that. you cannot merge many objects/groups into a group. you can merge animations of many identical objects/groups. the resulting group will have same skeleton and bone weights and a merged SkinClipSequence.

why do you need your objects in different files? put them in a single one and make visible/unvisible them as required

efaj:
Because I'm making an online game that will allow character customization. So if I added all clothes and parts in one single file, it would grow in size a lot. And we all know that would make parsing eternal.

I'll just stick to handling them separately... I already got that done, I was just looking if there was a more efficient way.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version