General > Feedback

suggestion

(1/3) > >>

Melssj5:
Hi, I have one sugestion about the engine.

Lights should have more functionality, like moving (translating), a radio maybe they should be able to be joined to an object3D, an aplication for that may be a laser or a misile shoot.

A weakness of this engine are the light efects.

rolz:
You can move lighting sources by World.setLightPosition(),
and you can move the light source along with your moving object (this is how it was done for missiles in technopolies)

Melssj 5:
Yes, I just have noticed that after posting!!!!!  :oops:  :idea:

But in anyway jpct has no especial efects, like fire o things like that, maybe the lights should have its own methods to do their stuff, I dont know.

EgonOlsen:

--- Quote from: "Melssj 5" ---maybe the lights should have its own methods to do their stuff, I dont know.
--- End quote ---
Yes, i agree. The current implementation for the lights turned out to be rather unintuitive. The basic idea was to keep Lights as lightweight as possible but that isn't really an issue when looking back at them now. Anyway, i won't change this in jPCT. But it's very easy to write your own wrapper class for the lights. That's what i did in Paradroidz too. All you have to do is to store the World and a light's id in each instance of this "MyLights"-class and map methods like MyLights.setPosition() to the corresponding World-methods. Not an ideal solution but at least more OOish as the current implementation.

manumoi:
Hello, I have noticed in my application that there was a limit to the number of lights I can add in a scene (around 40 if I remember).
I suppose there is a way to redefine this limit but I wasn t able to find it.
How to do that?

Manu

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version