jPCT - a 3d engine for Java > Projects

"Visual" JPCT

(1/5) > >>

Crate:
Here is a little project I'm working on. I've called it "Visual JPCT" for lack of a better name. (I hope you don't mind, Egon.)

It's basically a small swing frontend for the jpct engine. I was tired of having to recompile every time I fiddled with my models  :wink: And it is a great way to learn the engine!

Features

I've mapped the following jpct functions to the gui:

importing md2/3ds models
adding objects to world
setting objects origin
moving camera
rendering solid/wireframe

Things to be done (some ideas):

manipulating objects
adding/changing lights
saving/loading scenes (xml)
adding primitive objects
adding triangles
animation (yeah, right)
scripting (yeah, right!)

I hope you like it so far. If it gets to some sort of solid state, I will release it.

Greetings!

EgonOlsen:
That's a great idea! I really like it and i think that it will help the engine to get more popular. Is this based on the software renderer only or will you add support for the AWTGLRenderer as well?

Crate:
I've done some changes to the gui, it now uses JDesktopPane so that I can move and scale windows as needed. Also made some icons  :wink:

Crate:
thats a good question egon, I'll look into it  :wink:

Edit: Currently I'm using only the software renderer. It does what I need and adding more functionality to manipulate the scene is top on my list. But support for the awtGl canvas would be cool, so it may come a little later.  :wink:

OHgaming:
Hey Crate I think this is a great idea! I've been fiddling around with jPCT as my team and I have been trying to decide what graphic engine to use for our project. I have to say an interface just to add and remove lights and objects from the world would be really useful IMO. I was actually thinking of taking a swing at doing something like this, but now I guess I don't have to  :wink: .

Anyways if you need any help or whatever I'd be gald to help and my team will be very grateful if you get a working version going at all.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version