General > Feedback

Suggestions for Next Release

(1/5) > >>

AGP:
Apart from better lighting controls (already promised in the docs), how about a Camera.follow(Object3D)? Could either start its own thread, or take the Object3D's current position plus the camera's delta from it once. That would be cool.

EgonOlsen:
The improved light source handling is already done and will be part of the next release. It'll leave the current implementation untouched but adds a little helper class to the util-package that wraps each light into an object. Handling is much better with this IMHO.
About the camera stuff...i'm not really sure if i fully understand what to want this method to do!?

AGP:
Just that: follow an object. Like the camera follows the X-Wing in the Rogue Squadron series, or like you would want a camera following a character who is walking around an environment (over the shoulder) for an RPG. Example of the camera following the x-wing:

AGP:
Egon, Can I take your lack of response to indicate that you aprove of my camera suggestion?

EgonOlsen:
No, you can indicate that as my lack of time due to the fact that i have to install my new Core2 Duo machine... :wink:
Anyway, i don't think that such a method belongs into the engine. It depends too much on the game's/application's needs IMHO. The car example already contains an example on how to do something like this and so do the Paradroidz sources. I don't think there is a generic solution to this that fits everyones needs.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version