General > German corner

Tutorials

(1/4) > >>

Dryyden:
will there ever be any step-by-step tutorials? or a simple "how to start"? something that shows how to set up a window (both opengl and software) and  display a simple cube or sphere. maybe you can post a little recipe to create such a scene. just something to start with, the rest will be trial and error.

EgonOlsen:
Hmmm...the examples in the example-dir of the distribution are there for this. While they are not step by step tutorials, i think they are documented well enough to get you started. I think the terrain-example is best suited for this.
Then there is the "manual" which describes things on a more abstract level. If it's really needed, i may add a small "hello-world"-example to it.

Hope this helps.

Dryyden:
a small hello world would be great..or a recipe (like the recipes in the java3d manual)  :D

well, the problem with the examples ist that it looks like in every example there is another way of writing the same code...i hope you can understand this...maybe next time i can post this in german, makes describing the problems much easier*g*

in one example exists a gameloop(), in another a render()...know what i mean?...then (please dont get it wrong) everything looks very c++ stylish...

well, maybe i can write my own tutorials (from the beginning "hello world" to more complicated things)...it seems that jpct is the only good 3d engine for java, but there are no tutorials or small recipes so its not easy to start with jpct...

greetings

dryyden

EgonOlsen:
Ok, also in Deutsch:

Stimmt schon, dass die Beispiele uneinheitlich sind. Das liegt primär daran, dass sie zu völlig unterschiedlichen Zeitpunkten entstanden sind und ich jetzt manche Dinge nicht mehr so machen würde, die ich z.B. in Bounce so gemacht habe. Das "fortstrittlichste" ist somit sicher das fps-Beispiel. Es sieht so aus, wie ich jPCT momentan benutze.
C++-Stylisch kann ich nicht nachvollziehen. Ich habe nie viel C++ gemacht, also sollte mich das wirklich wundern. Sie sind sicher nicht sehr OOisch, aber das ist Absicht, damit irgendwelche wilden Objektkonstruktionen nicht vom eigentliichen Inhalt ablenken. Oder was meinst du jetzt genau?

Edit: Wenn du Tutorials schreiben möchtest, fände ich das großartig. Ich kann mich ja leider auch nicht zerteilen, weswegen es eine große Hilfe wäre.

Dryyden:
ok, danke erstmal für die schnelle antwort :D

also werd ich mich mal ins fps beispiel reinarbeiten und versuchen, ein erstes tutorial zu schreiben...ich denke mal, das simpelste wäre wohl ein einfaches fenster mit würfel...im folgenden könnte man dann immer weiter darauf aufbauen (würfel mit farbe/textur, rotation, translation etc.)...

wenns was neues gibt, melde ich mich mal:)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version