Author Topic: off-road driving game  (Read 22689 times)

Offline dmouse

• byte
    • View Profile
Re: off-road driving game
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2008, 02:20:13 pm »
Edit: That's an EEEPC 701, i.e. first generation with a CeleronM running on 630Mhz. The 900 and 901 ones should be faster because they either run on 900Mhz or are using the Atom CPU. I did a comparision (albeit based on the hardware renderer) and the 901 was 20-50 faster than my 701.

Thanks for the info, does that mean that the first (and presumably the following gnerations) EEEPC's built in video card (presumably intel integrated) runs jPCT hardware accelerated apps well?

Are you using the Linux or the Windows version?

sorry for going OT.

Thanks.

Offline dmouse

• byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2008, 02:21:57 pm »
Feel free to add it to the projects page (i would be honored), do you need anything from me with regards to this?
Ok, i've added it. It got second place in the list. Because i wildly inserted new projects anywhere on the list in the past, i decided to reserve the first spot for my own stuff and add each new project below that. Your game is the first one that benefits from this.

Thanks for adding it, it looks great!

Do I get a prize for being second in the list? :)

Ben.

Offline EgonOlsen

• Administrator
  • quad
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jpct.net
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2008, 07:48:39 pm »
Thanks for the info, does that mean that the first (and presumably the following gnerations) EEEPC's built in video card (presumably intel integrated) runs jPCT hardware accelerated apps well?

Are you using the Linux or the Windows version?

It's Linux. The Intel onboard graphics are crap (as usual) but fast enough to display Robombs at something like 30-40fps at 640*480/16bpp without any shadows or AA. If you run the server on the EEEPC, the CPU starts to suck and performance drops to 12-18fps. The 901 is somewhat faster regarding both, graphics and cpu.