Author Topic: Projects anyone?  (Read 10514 times)

Offline EgonOlsen

• Administrator
  • quad
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jpct.net
Projects anyone?
« on: October 06, 2010, 08:36:08 pm »
I've updated the projects page with some of my Android projects as well as Bones. If you have some other Android projects using jPCT-AE (or some other jPCT project...), that i can/should/have to link to, feel free to post a link to it and i'll happily add it.

Offline raft

• quad
    • View Profile
    • http://www.aptalkarga.com
Re: Projects anyone?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2010, 09:19:39 pm »
it's nice to see Bones there ;D

i've an ongoing ball game project for Android, but since it still lacks graphics it's a bit early for posting screenshots.

Offline paulscode

• double
    • View Profile
    • PaulsCode.Com
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2010, 10:07:21 pm »
I've got nothing yet, but should have a couple small games in the near future.  I'm trying to come up with a good joystick-like user interface for the touch-screen, which I'll write into the games and have folks comment on how well it works, suggestions, etc.

Offline AGP

• quad
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2010, 05:32:18 pm »
Speaking of Bones, would anyone like to continue my work on a MD5 importer? If I remember correctly, I was linking it with Raft's project (which, if I remember, doesn't have its own reader and relied on an external class that read a Collada model using jMe's importer and converted into its own internal format). My way would make loading a skinned object as easy as loading an MD2.

Offline Darkflame

• int
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2010, 02:10:24 am »
Well, its not very polished, but we are using jPCT in a Android AR system.
You can read about our project here;
arwave.org
And if you goto the video section, you can see a (poorly filmed) clip with the current ar browser.

We will do better videos/pics and stuff later, but we are too busy getting the core functionality working. (The 3D is the easy/fun stuff by comparison :) )

Offline Ulrick

• byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2010, 10:10:25 pm »
Hi, mine is still a prototype.

Still issues with memory and object size, but you can see screenshots and download a sample version.

No idea on how to handle a bigger ground environment, If I do it it will just slow down the application.

No way to add more objects (still if some would be nice to have).

Some issue with decal orientation on the ground and an open issue with the particle system that would be nice to get textures from collide objects.

Any idea is welcome.

http://ulrick.homelinux.com

BTW,

Thanks to Egon

Offline icarusfactor

• int
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2011, 12:47:55 am »
I am working on a simple PDB(protein database) molecular stick and ball viewer, will make a web page for it once I get the basics worked out.

The initial goal will be:
*understand molecular bonds
*understand atomic structures.
*levels of materials makeup - molecules - elements - atoms.(maybe electrons/protons)
*Elements and their relationships with each other.
*build a really cool 3D database to view many molecules using jpct. :)

Current issues:
*Getting text page to formatted 2D graphic document.     
  - Getting 2D page setup to blit to it and page up or down. 
*Loading DNA sized files of a few hundred atoms or more.
  - have memory checks in place now , have not tried this in a while.
*Touch sensitivity for zoom and double touch.
  - loose but works.
*Cannot handle PDB files without stick info (CONECT entries)
  - just need to check if it has them or not, if not bypass that section.
File format support for:
ATOM     - what is the name of and where are they located.
CONECT  - which atoms are bonded
HETATM  -treats it as a ATOM entry
http://www.wwpdb.org/documentation/format32/v3.2.html

Offline panthenol

• byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2011, 04:13:29 pm »
i'm working on an adventure game , game assets are 50% complete , and coding should start asap  :D

Offline Kernle 32DLL

• byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2011, 05:59:06 pm »
I'm currently working on a massive advanced port of one of my cooler pc games, originally titled "SoS-Submarine". The original game was created in the frame of a contest, related to water-games. And yeah, I won.. Barely ;-)

Anyway, the game itself was fine, but the coding was messy, and the overall game experience had a lot more potential. So, for my first private android game project to be released, I am now recreating this game the way it was meant to be, for Android :)

The games purpose is to guide a submarine trough a underwater tunnel system. It might involve using weapons e.g. torpedoes later, but this is not stone-set yet. For the first release there are planned 5 levels, with 3 submarines to choose (2 unlock able). A brief achievement system is planed as well, but may be dropped if found unnecessary (or by lack of creative achievements).

The current status is that the controls are fully implemented (turning via turning the phone, and regulating speed and diving via the bars shown in the screenshot), and a basic UI is in place, too. Brief lighting is implemented as well, but may see improvement during the ongoing development. As for the levels, I'm currently using a WIP-Updated-Version of one of the original levels. It's mainly an atmospheric test, e.g. for placing objects in front of the player, etc. (and yes i know that the pillars are flat in the screenshot, didn't had time to make full 3d-modells yet).

The next big thing I'm currently nagging on is the implementation of collision detection.

For anyone interested testing, there you go: click (1,14mb) - Android 1.6

Edit 23.04.2011:
- New apk
- Changed package- and appname
- Swaped icon for custom one (placeholder)
- Fixed UI for smaller devices
- Removed percentage view (will be reintegrated later again, tough)
- Code cleanup

Edit 24.04.2011:
- Added basic collision detection (slow tough)
- Optimized 9-patch graphics

Edit 25.04.2011:
- Added start countdown
- Added gameover screen (placeholder)
- Fixed back- & homebutton behavior

Edit 05.05.2011:
- Fixed level culling
- Adjusted color tinting
- New gameover screen
- Cleaned UI layout
- Fixed display shutting down during gameplay (forgot keepScreenOn call)

Known issues:
- Bars are not multi-touch compatible yet

Test Results so far:
- Samsung Galaxy S with 2.2.1
Works fine, bars and gameover screen minor lag sometimes (may be android 2.2 related)
- Nexus S
Works fine (?)
- HTC Wildfire
Unplayable (4fps)

So long,
Kernle
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 12:51:47 am by Kernle 32DLL »

Offline EgonOlsen

• Administrator
  • quad
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jpct.net
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2011, 11:41:01 pm »
@Kernle: Works fine on Nexus S. However, the controls twist my brain as i have to adjust the speed and the dive as well as to tilt the device to steer...i've no real idea on how to improve this or if it's even needed (i might just suck at this...), but it somehow confused me. BTW: You should give the app another name than HelloWorld because it will (try to) install over any other HelloWorld app as it is now.