jPCT-AE - a 3d engine for Android > Support

Memory usage growing

<< < (2/2)

EgonOlsen:
If the memory finally gets freed by the garbage collector, i don't see the actual issue. It's up to VM how to manage the memory and as long as it isn't a real leak (which it doesn't seem to bo or otherwise, the memory won't be freed again), i don't see a problem with that behaviour. You might want to try to call MemoryHelper.compact() in onSurfaceChanged...maybe that helps.
Regarding dispose()...you are meant to call it, if a reference goes out of scope. If it never does, there's no need to call it. Personally, i would simply keep my World and Skybox and don't create new ones all the time, but that's up to you.

robert:

--- Quote from: EgonOlsen on October 04, 2012, 08:50:19 am ---If the memory finally gets freed by the garbage collector, i don't see the actual issue. It's up to VM how to manage the memory and as long as it isn't a real leak (which it doesn't seem to bo or otherwise, the memory won't be freed again), i don't see a problem with that behaviour. You might want to try to call MemoryHelper.compact() in onSurfaceChanged...maybe that helps.
Regarding dispose()...you are meant to call it, if a reference goes out of scope. If it never does, there's no need to call it. Personally, i would simply keep my World and Skybox and don't create new ones all the time, but that's up to you.

--- End quote ---

Hi Egon,

After some more testing, it seems the PreferenceActivity text corruption does not only affect my wallpaper. I've tried other wallpapers and if you change the orientation a few times, some text in the PreferenceActivity will be missing.

Regarding the memory usage, it seems you are right, there are no leaks. The issue with the preferences confused me...

Thank you for your support.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version