Author Topic: Project Tyr  (Read 6117 times)

Offline OHgaming

• byte
    • View Profile
    • http://projecttyr.ohgaming.com
Project Tyr
« on: December 27, 2005, 08:55:52 am »
Hello. I am the project lead for a new Java-based MMORPG with the working title of Project Tyr. I've made the decision of putting jPCT on the top of my list of 3D engines that I have been testing for this project. I think it would fit perfectly for what we are planning on creating. I don't have a working model yet since we are still in the concept phase. Also we are planning on focusing on the underlying basics of the game before moving onto the graphical side due to the small number of people on the project.

Our current plan is to create a totally free MMO for the user that has more depth then most pay-to-play MMORPGs on the market. Right now I don't have much more to say on the subject other then that, but I did just get our site up at projecttyr.ohgaming.com.

Thanks for producing a well done 3D engine for Java, and I hope everything works out so that jPCT is what we use in our game.n

Offline rolz

• float
  • Technocrat
    • View Profile
Project Tyr
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2005, 10:50:25 am »
Good luck folks, i wish you patience and good motivation ;)

A few things i learned from my own mistakes:

- make first working version as soon as possible
- keep game working during all changes, apply changes by small pieces.
- stay simple - don't try to cover everything in first beta, you can add it later
- stay agile - don't add unnecessary complexity when it is not required
- dont bother doing premature optimization

And again, good luck. Hope to see your game's preview soon.
Regards,
Andrei

Offline OHgaming

• byte
    • View Profile
    • http://projecttyr.ohgaming.com
Project Tyr
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2005, 08:14:30 pm »
Thank you for the good advice. I don't know how long it will be until we have a working model for this game, but I can say that the basic interfaces for this game are coming along nicely. But I will let you know when we have a beta version ready.