jPCT - a 3d engine for Java > Projects

VoxelShop - voxel editor

<< < (5/7) > >>

aZen:

--- Quote from: EgonOlsen on December 05, 2013, 12:47:14 pm ---
--- Quote from: aZen on December 05, 2013, 11:55:26 am ---@Sampling: I'm using SAMPLINGMODE_OGSS. The other sampling modes were producing way too many "pixel".

--- End quote ---
Well, in that case, you aren't clearing 16mb but 64mb of data in each frame.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, that makes sense. I set it to SAMPLINGMODE_NORMAL and it's much faster, but looks very rough.

Any idea how to get the "outlines" smoother (the black outline of the voxel in the screenshot here http://blackflux.com/software/vs/other/tree.jpg )? I could live with rougher voxels, but if the outline looks pixelig that is bad. Currently I'm using setAdditionalColor and a transparent texture with a black frame. I was thinking to use the drawWireframe method instead, since that is very fast. However it draws the triangles (obviously) and not only the "outline".

Thanks for all your input so far! I really appreciate it!

EgonOlsen:
You could try OGSS_FAST instead. It's a compromise between speed and image quality.

aZen:
Reducing the triangle count made a huge difference. The program is now a pretty neat tech demo and, more importantly, quite fast! Work continues =)

Thanks for all the support!

aZen:
Just a quick update.

I've improved the "hull detection" and tested with large amount of voxels. At 63 ^ 3 = 250047 voxel it was getting a bit laggy. Also I think I need to adjust the heapspace (and rewrite the voxels data structure to be more memory/speed efficient). But pretty happy so far!

(click to enlarge)

Note: You can also see that the triangle count was exceeded (the selection doesn't show all triangles in the right bottom corner).

EgonOlsen:
I've finally managed to add it to the projects page.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version