jPCT - a 3d engine for Java > Projects

Blender Scene Exporter (OpenSource)

(1/3) > >>

andresjesse:
Hi JPCT Community,

I'm here to show you a little project i've been working last days. It is a small scene exporter that allows to use Blender as a Sandbox (create/edit Objects, Camera, Lights and Actors).

It is, in fact, a re-build of my old scene exporter (http://www.jpct.net/forum2/index.php/topic,2531.0.html). Unfortunately i lost the source code of the old one, so i decided to re-implement it as an opensource project, this way everyone can test and suggest improvements. I don't think it will be a big tool, but can help to create small 3D scenes for JPCT. I know, there is a lot of tools and ways to create scenes for JPCT, but i like Blender scripts and this will help my students in a University Project that uses JPCT.

How it Works?
1. Create a 3D scene in Blender, add Lights and a Camera, add Some Actors (this is the cool part) and export. The script generates a xml file, exports each object into a 3DS file and collects all textures used in the scene.
2. Create the Actors in Java following a small pattern that i designed ("IActor" interface).
3. Copy&Paste JPCTBlend Core Java classes (the importer) to the JPCT project and load the xml.
4. Run.

Sample Scene in Blender:

Sample Scene in JPCT:

Sample Scene in Android:

Source Code, Javadoc and Tutorials (Wiki) can be found at https://github.com/andresjesse/jpctblend. Any suggestion is welcome.

PS: Some features are not implemented yet (see details in GitHub), but the actual project is fully functional.

EgonOlsen:
Really nice! And what a coincidence that i've Blender open ATM to view some .blend files. My problem is, that i've no clue about how to use Blender...

EgonOlsen:
I've added a link to the project to the wiki's Tools section, because i think that some people will find this really useful. Thanks for sharing this project.

andresjesse:
Thanks, i'll keep this topic updated and if you want you can close the old one. Another suggestion is to move (if necessary) this topic to JPCT (not AE) forum, i've not coded AE support yet.

Wolf17:
  THanks for sharing this!!!  :) ;D
I was looking for something like this for ae version ! Any future plans for ae version ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version