Author Topic: setEnvmapped has no effect  (Read 2326 times)

Offline Lobby

• int
    • View Profile
    • flowersoft
setEnvmapped has no effect
« on: January 04, 2014, 10:57:17 am »
Hello,

as topic says I have the problem that setEnvmapped seems to have no effect on my 3D objects. Should the command work, yet?
I hope I'm just too dump to use it, but if not will it be implemented? And will it also be possible to have something like cubic environment mapping which is often used for realtime reflections?

Thanks

Offline EgonOlsen

• Administrator
  • quad
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jpct.net
Re: setEnvmapped has no effect
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2014, 05:02:29 pm »
That's right, environment mapping isn't really supported by jPCT-AE. OpenGL ES has no support for it, so the 1.x renderer tries to fake it somehow but that doesn't look very good in most cases. The ES 2.0 renderer doesn't support it at all, because it would require a whole new set of default shaders just for that and i didn't bother to do that for a feature that none has ever tried to use. It should be possible to write your own shader for that in case you really need this feature.
Cubic env mapping isn't supported ATM and i don't have any plans to add it in the near future.

Offline Lobby

• int
    • View Profile
    • flowersoft
Re: setEnvmapped has no effect
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2014, 04:46:34 pm »
Ok, thanks for your answer, so I'll try to write such a shader. If I'm successful I'll share it here ;) .