Author Topic: Craft The Path  (Read 5523 times)

Offline zbych

• int
    • View Profile
Craft The Path
« on: September 01, 2014, 08:55:26 pm »
Hi everyone.

I want to present my newest game: Craft The Path. The goal of game is to build a way (by appropriate adding or removing blocks) for the creeper, so he can walk to exit. It isn't so easy because you have limited number of blocks and pickaxe hits.
Some technical info: the game is using modified version of "flat shader" -  I call it "fake ambient occlusion", the collision of touch point and box is done by calculating line-sphere intersection, and path for creeper is created using A* (a star) algorithm.
I wanted to add to this game wallpaper (together with wallpaper editor) but there is problem with TextureManager - when the wallpaper and game are in one application then they will share TextureManager in that case the wallpaper service and game activity mess up with each others textures (I am loading resources in dedicated threads).
Link to game:  https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zr.minecraft.path

Offline Thomas.

• double
    • View Profile
Re: Craft The Path
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2014, 10:15:18 pm »
Nice idea, it reminds me Lemmings :)

Offline zbych

• int
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2014, 10:24:09 pm »
Nice idea, it reminds me Lemmings :)

And you are right :D
My first idea was to make something similar to Lemmings with minecraft motif. But I thought that many creepers with independent path finding and logic will kill every device that is why I decided for one user-controlled character.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 10:35:17 pm by zbych »

Offline EgonOlsen

• Administrator
  • quad
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jpct.net
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2014, 08:04:21 am »
Looks nice and polished, well done. The only complaint that i have is that the creeper moves through the blocks when going up/down. It would look better if he would jump in a way in which he doesn't intersect with the block IMHO.

Offline Wolf17

• int
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2014, 03:53:33 pm »
   Nice puzzle concept ! Seeing so much of your projects/ works inspired by minecraft's blocky graphics , you are probably a great minecraft  fan, I think  ;D :D!!
 The look and feel  of the game is enhanced due to  ambient occlusion ! You mentioned about fake AO.
 May you please tell me something about it ? And also can it be extended to complex models, geometries instead of simple blocks?

Offline zbych

• int
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2014, 08:11:29 pm »
   Nice puzzle concept ! Seeing so much of your projects/ works inspired by minecraft's blocky graphics , you are probably a great minecraft  fan, I think  ;D :D!!
 The look and feel  of the game is enhanced due to  ambient occlusion ! You mentioned about fake AO.
 May you please tell me something about it ? And also can it be extended to complex models, geometries instead of simple blocks?

Sorry for so late reply but I don't come to this forum too often, and looks like I have missed the notification. Anyway my idea is very simple and unfortunately it can't be used for other type of geometry - when I generate surface I check if it is surrounded by other blocks when it is then I decrease "color intensity" of given vertex. This color intensity is stored as separated vertex attribute so the rest of the work is done by shader.