jPCT - a 3d engine for Java > Support

Memory consumption with Config.maxPolysVisible

<< < (2/3) > >>

EgonOlsen:
Still, I don't see why you need such a large list. Not all polygons will be visible at once, or will they?

Jamiro:
They mostly will because it's a single enclosed object seen from above, like an heighmap mesh, so some of them are being discarded by the validation.

I've tried to boost up to 10 M polys but is just gives me a usage of almost 3 GB of mem.

but thanks anyway, I will try to work it around I guess.

Regards.

EgonOlsen:
But each compiled object only consumes as much entries in that list as is has sub-parts, which usually are only a few. I really don't understand why you need such a large list...!?

Jamiro:
Ok, so perhaps I understood this wrongly:

using this:
Config.maxPolysVisible = 100000;

allows me to render a compiled object with 2.106.598 polygons, yielding only a visibile group of around 5.000.

I thought that this list was the same for uncompiled objects. The thing was that this object ineeded to be uncompiled due to the need for changing vertex and uv data at runtime, and I was also using the DrawWireframe feature that doensn't work with compiled objects as well.

PS: So when using compiled objects, how can I know the limit for them, which limit should I use (is there any ratio)? Or they aren't even validated by that property?

Regards and thank you

EgonOlsen:
It depends. compile() on an object will print out the number of sub-objects that are being used. That's the maximum number of entries that the object can use in the list.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version