jPCT-AE - a 3d engine for Android > Support

JPCT + Vuforia in stereo rendering mode

<< < (2/3) > >>

thejauffre:
Ok, I found the problem: the size of the image target inside the database was not the same as I expected, so I guess it was just a problem of sizing.

EgonOlsen:
Good to hear that you've solved it.

thejauffre:
Hi! i'm sorry to bother, but i still have some problems.
Using just the modelview matrix works fine when the video background is active. In fact, when using the smartglasses in see-through mode, Vuforia applies a projection matrix (retrieved after a per-user calibration process) to correctly display a virtual object on the scene, so that the viewer sees it on the marker, like if it was real.
So, i'm trying to use the same projection matrix on JPCT, and, by forcing it touse the same near and far planes as Vuforia, i am able to see the object right over the marker.
However, the rotations of the object are messed up: it's like I'm seeing it from an arbitrary direction, and (for example) when I rotate the marker clockwise, the object rotates counterclockwise. Maybe it is related to the different reference frame used by OpenGL and JPCT. I tried performing a rotation of the final modelviewprojection matrix (namely the product of modelview and projection mats) about 90 deg about x-axis and a negative scaling on the z-axis, but it has the same problem.
Any ideas?

thejauffre:
Ok, i managed to solve part of the problem by tuning the FOV and near/far plane of JPCT camera (as i read here in the forum, applying Vuforia/OpenGL matrices is not recommended).
Now I can see the object (a square) almost on the marker, but it is stretched: it's like the horizontal side is larger than it should be.
I checked the framebuffer size, tried to change the FOV values and the planes, but nothing changed.
What could be the problem?

EgonOlsen:
Do you have a screen shot?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version