jPCT - a 3d engine for Java > Support

Cpct?

(1/31) > >>

AGP:
Now that even Excelsior Jet has been made extinct, how would you feel about making a c# version of jpct? At least the OpenGL bits would be better.

EgonOlsen:
Well, I'm not interested in C# at all. As long as I don't have to use it (and I don't see why that would happen), I won't touch it.

AGP:
Even with the Mono project (and, thus, being multi-platform)? How come? Now that there's no way to make machine code out of Java, I think that I may go with C#.

EgonOlsen:
I looked into it briefly, I found it like Java with some additional clutter on top, that doesn't really make it any better and it's Microsoft. I have nothing against Microsoft, but the community is strange. Whenever I had to deal with the community of a Microsoft product (the scripting language in Powershell is an example where I had to rely on it, VBA for Access another), it's somehow disappointing...I've noticed a pattern:

* Java community: You usually get a solution or at least an idea pretty quickly. Sometimes is overly complicated, because Java people tend add layers of libs on top of each other, but you can ignore that most of the time.
* Javascript community: Similar to Java, actually. Just more unorganized and more focused on the latest hot shit (i.e. not older than 2 weeks).
* PHP community: You usually get a soution, but it often feels awkward and clunky, just like the language itself.
* Microsoft community: One question, multiple solutions but none refers to the actual quesiton. But obviously that doesn't matter, because the poster of the question thanks them anyway.

AGP:
I have found every question I've ever had already asked and answered. I hope to be able to show something in the next few days.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version