Author Topic: oldStyle3DSLoader  (Read 3654 times)

Offline guiloic

• byte
    • View Profile
oldStyle3DSLoader
« on: April 11, 2006, 12:48:48 pm »
hello there !
I have a problem in the console launching my app because the model i use is
not colored : it is black !
The error is :
                        try Config.oldStyle3DSLoader = true
This attribute is not in the API.
What to do ?
Thanks a lot.
ww.devcat.org

Offline EgonOlsen

• Administrator
  • quad
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jpct.net
oldStyle3DSLoader
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2006, 05:56:47 pm »
Well, you are obviously using an unofficial release that i've posted here in the forums. It's not proper documented yet, so the switch should be there...just not in the docs. Do a Config.oldStyle3DSLoader=true; before loading your model and see if it helps. If it does, i would be very interested in getting my hands on the model that i causing this problem. Boy, do i hate the 3DS format... :wink:

Offline guiloic

• byte
    • View Profile
oldStyle3DSLoader
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2006, 07:39:55 pm »
This problem occurs only on some configurations (but I'm sure that the same jpct library). On my Pc that run very well and I don't need to change anything. It's strange... I use the hardware renderer maybe it's a lwjgl problem.

Say me if you want to check the 3ds file. I have packaged my project on www.devat.org/pilotage.
ww.devcat.org

Offline EgonOlsen

• Administrator
  • quad
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jpct.net
oldStyle3DSLoader
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2006, 08:26:56 pm »
No, it has to be a jPCT related problem, not LWJGL. The loader looks for the size of a specific chunk in the 3ds-format. If it's x bytes in size (can't remember the exact size), it takes the data in it as bytes (like the old loader always does it). If it's larger, it takes the data as floats. If parsing the data as floats fails, you'll get the error message. So if it works on one machine but not on the other, you are either using different models or different jPCT versions.

Offline guiloic

• byte
    • View Profile
oldStyle3DSLoader
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2006, 11:24:49 am »
Thank you !
ww.devcat.org