Bones - Skeletal and Pose Animations for jPCT/jPCT-AE > Bones

BonesIO Question

(1/4) > >>

AGP:
How is it that when you load your SkinClipSequences from a bones file instead of each SkinClip having identical Skeletons they each share the same instance of a Skeleton?

raft:
not sure what's asked here, but loaded SkinClips and SkinClipSequences share the same Skeleton instance.

AGP:
That's right. The question was: how? When I'm doing the same thing with JSON, I'm getting identical copies of the skeleton (the model loads but no animation will work).

AGP:
This is not that old, much more ambitious project, by the way. I came very close to exporting a fully-ready, animated and textured, JSON-serialized model right out of both Max and Blender. This is just so I can get Bones out of Java. But I suspect that if you answer at all it will be with, "I don't know."

raft:
sorry for the late answer, somehow I didnt receive the notification email.

BonesIO class reads and writes using Java serialization. Java serialization preserves objects references.

So, as long as SkinClips and SkinClipSequences share the same Skeleton instance when they are written by BonesIO, they will share the same Skeleton instance when read by BonesIO.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version