Author Topic: [dxf] Export dxf in android app :(  (Read 2472 times)

Offline daiduongbit

• byte
    • View Profile
[dxf] Export dxf in android app :(
« on: April 03, 2015, 09:48:21 am »
Hi all, i'm beginer with the jPCT. I have a problem when export from 3D object to the autoCAD format (dxf).
But i'm not sure can be that. Please suggest to me some way do it! some example do that :) thanks all!

Offline EgonOlsen

• Administrator
  • quad
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jpct.net
Re: [dxf] Export dxf in android app :(
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2015, 03:39:25 pm »
I'm not sure what your actual question is. How to import a file in dxf format into jPCT-AE? Well, unless your are writing your own importer for it. By default, you can use OBJ and 3DS. Just convert your file into one of these formats. If that wasn't your question, then what was it...?

Offline daiduongbit

• byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2015, 03:50:20 am »
That was not actual my question. I want to ask after import multiple object 3D to android app(example: show it...) then i want export all to a object with dxf format? So, can i do that? Thanks so much!

Offline EgonOlsen

• Administrator
  • quad
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2015, 01:14:33 pm »
You want to export the data from the app into dxf format? That's not supported by default. You can use the PolygonManager to access the mesh's data and write your own dxf exporter... There should be an example somewhere in the forum that does something like that for ASC format. But why do you actually want to do that?

Offline daiduongbit

• byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2015, 12:34:37 pm »
 :) Yep, that's is exactly i want. I want to do that, purpose my app is  join many 3D objects in a layout to an object then export to DXF format can be import it to the AutoCAD tool but I'm not sure  3D object format and dxf file format to convert them. That's very hard for me, could you suggest to me any library do that. Thanks you and sorry my english not well :(

Offline EgonOlsen

• Administrator
  • quad
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2015, 12:57:09 pm »
No idea about some library that might help here. In general, something like jPCT is more about importing and rendering stuff than it is about exporting data. It provides the basic means to do it, but have to write the exporter yourself or, if you find some lib that writes dxf, you have to write the glue logic between both.

Offline daiduongbit

• byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2015, 03:32:39 am »
Thanks for your support :). I will to follow for your suggest.