jPCT - a 3d engine for Java > Support

blitting text and images

<< < (3/8) > >>

entis:
Is it possible to use these classes with sw renderer? As I understood here multitexturing is used... and I don't know whether jpct allows to use multitexturing with sw renderer...

JavaMan:
As far as I know, the sw doesn't do multitexturing.

raft:

--- Quote from: entis on April 01, 2008, 01:25:45 pm ---Is it possible to use these classes with sw renderer? As I understood here multitexturing is used... and I don't know whether jpct allows to use multitexturing with sw renderer...

--- End quote ---
there is no multitexturing here, so you can use these classes for sw renderer. albeit i would stick to java2d for sw renderer, which performs better and looks nicer

entis:

--- Quote from: raft on April 01, 2008, 02:13:50 pm ---
--- Quote from: entis on April 01, 2008, 01:25:45 pm ---Is it possible to use these classes with sw renderer? As I understood here multitexturing is used... and I don't know whether jpct allows to use multitexturing with sw renderer...

--- End quote ---
there is no multitexturing here, so you can use these classes for sw renderer. albeit i would stick to java2d for sw renderer, which performs better and looks nicer

--- End quote ---

thanks, then I 'll try :)

Melssj5:
OK I have added it to my project, but how can I check the lenght of the string to be placed in the screen in just one line.

I noticed there is a method to get the String boundaries, but I want to get the index inside the string to fit a certain width. How can I do this? I have been thinking on recursively cheking the middle of the String until getting an aproximation to the required width, but this may need to check many string boundaries width for each text blitted.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version