jPCT-AE - a 3d engine for Android > Projects

Thinking about some RPG..Android version.

<< < (2/126) > >>

AGP:
Very cool, man. You're so good with jpct it's almost as if you wrote it. :-) How many polygons total? Is the  Skybox class not available on Android (why would you have started using a sphere?)? How far is the far plane on Android?

Bryan:
Well hey it still looks great man. I am sure that's totally a playable fps, just have to see how it goes with some game logic. Keep us updated! I check this thread everyday lol

EgonOlsen:
Tweaked the terrain shader...it's 50% faster now, so that the start scene increases from 13 fps to 19 fps...not bad for changing a single line of code in the shader...

I tested it briefly on a Samsung Galaxy S2 (the one with the Mali 400 GPU). It worked fine and ran fast, albeit the shader accuracy lacks behind PowerVR's.

EgonOlsen:
Tweaked the shaders some more (start scene up to 23 fps now), shrunk some textures, replaced some textures, improved collision detection and multi touch controls (multi touch with the Android SDK feels...weird, doesn't it?)...

After all the work was done, i visited the forest:

EgonOlsen:

--- Quote from: AGP on December 21, 2011, 12:50:26 am ---How many polygons total? Is the  Skybox class not available on Android (why would you have started using a sphere?)? How far is the far plane on Android?

--- End quote ---
Not sure about the polygon count...the terrain has around 7000 IIRC, each tree has ~200. The bushes and houses have...i don't know. The sky is a sky box, the class is available on Android too. I started with a sky dome, because i had one...no particular reason. The far plan is at 5500 for now, distance fog starts at 4000.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version